Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:52:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sharing files within a cluster

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Greg Lewis wrote:

> I assume you mean ASCI Pink?

oh goodness don't call it that :-)

I doubt any of my ASCI friends want somebody calling Pink an ASCI machine
:-)

BTW if anybody knows Pink we want her to come autograph it. We failed to
get the cabs repainted Pink however.

> I'm assuming I need some assembly skills and familiarity with BIOS calls
> to look at the LinuxBIOS piece?  Or do you have a good handle on the
> problem and just need to railroad the changes through?

No, actually, all you need to do is this: figure out what BIOS calls
freebsd is making, then figure out how we can get freebsd not to make
them, and see what we need to do with the tables linuxbios provides so
that freebsd can get its bios-provided info via the tables.

So the questions are:
- what calls is freebsd making?
- why?

thanks