Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:37:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "R.  Wyatt" <falcon@wildstar.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   question concerning XFree86

I recently tried to update to XFree863.3.2 and unfortunately it was not
successful. I used the port, and installed it.  The following stack trace
was generated when tryiing to startx again.
  It may be a stupid question...if it is I apologize.  Please respond to
me privately as I am not on the list.
  I restored X11R6 from a backup :|

Randy
peregrine# gdb /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_S3 /usr/X11R6/XF86_S3.core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by `XF86_S3'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
#0  0x20279e11 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x20279e11 in ?? ()
#1  0x20279383 in ?? ()
#2  0x55126 in mmio928_s3NoCPolyText ()
#3  0x551bc in mmio928_s3NoCPolyText ()
#4  0x9336d in WaitForSomething ()
#5  0x94b67 in CreateWellKnownSockets ()
#6  0x616d8 in configDisplaySubsection ()
#7  <signal handler called>
#8  0x99ae1 in CheckAuthorization ()
#9  0x99c66 in AuthorizationFromID ()
#10 0xb0ebd in pcfGetAccel ()
#11 0xb1ad7 in pcfUnloadFont ()
#12 0xb037b in BitmapOpenScalable ()
#13 0x9b43b in recv_willing_msg ()
#14 0x8c68b in WhereDoIGoInTheStack ()
#15 0x8c80a in ConfigureWindow ()
#16 0x7f9c0 in DeleteWindowFromAnyEvents ()
(gdb)