Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:24:03 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrew McDonald <andrew@mcdonald.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, "JINMEI Tatuya / ?$B?@L@C#:H" <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Subject:   Re: IPv6 Router Alert breaks forwarding

I can only speak about IPv4 router alert in detail; we do nothing with
IPv4 RA nor would it appear that it would make any real difference in
performance given how the code is laid out. RSVP packets should be
passed verbatim to userland from ip_input() via rip_input() there.

I think your IPv6 fix is good for now but will wait to hear further from
jinmei@.

I am heading out the door so if someone could add an item for this to
http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/Networking I should be most grateful.

Regards,
BMS