Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:30:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
To:        sunburnt@hypermax.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Flashpoint LT driver

> Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:41:01 +1000
> From: sunburnt@hypermax.net.au
> Subject: BusLogic Flashpt LT support
>
> I am a newbie attempting to install FreeBSD 3.2 for the first time.  I
> have a Bus Logic Flashpoint LT PCI SCSI bus master host driving 2-IBM
> Ultra SCSI hard drives, (& an IDE cdrom drive, slave, on the secondary
> controller), & an Asus P2L97 P-II motherboard with original ACPI BIOS
> rev. 1005.
>
> FreeBSD will not install, message:  'No disks found! Please verify your
> disk controller is being properly probed at boot time'.
>
> All documentation I've found says no support exists for Mylex/BusLogic
> Flashpoint controllers.
>
> Does anyone know where support for BusLogic Flashpoint LT might be
> found?
>
> Ron Shafran

There isn't any support as far as I've found... If you hear of any
driver for *BSD for the card let me know.  Right now the only option
for this card is Linux.

When the card first came out Bus Logic wouldn't release the specs
without a non disclosure agreement so the *BSD's skipped the card.
Dandelion Digital did a Linux driver for it via reverse engineering
and later with the assistance of Bus Logic -- so there's the Linux
option.

I've got two of these cards and would love a *BSD driver for them.

Bill

 bpechter@monmouth.com      |     Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?