Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:47:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
Cc:        William Bulley <web@merit.edu>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A filter for reformatting paragraphs (WAS: installation)

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Marco Molteni wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, William Bulley wrote:
>
> > According to Marco Molteni:
> > >
> > > Have you ever tried Par, a filter for reformatting paragraphs ?
> > > You can find it in the ports.
> >
> > I just looked in the ports on a 2.2-970814-RELENG machine and
> > could not any "par"...
> >
> > Could you please be more explicit?  Thanks.
>
> Sure! Have a look at
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/ports/textproc.html
> You'll find par-1.50
>
> Cheers
> Marco

	Yes, but don't forget about /usr/bin/fmt.  This does an adequate
job at reformating paragraphs.  I use it form vi all the time with

	!}fmt

cheers,

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,