Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:51:04 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec/DPT SmartRAID V under FreeBSD 4.x-STABLE [was:   Re: Mylex adapters with 2.x firmware and "couldn't map register   window"]

At 3:12 PM +0200 2000/9/22, Brad Knowles wrote:

>  	I'm hoping that this is just the ports stuff, and that I don't really
>  have to worry about it.  I'm going to give it a try, just in case.

	I tried ignoring the error in "make update", and everything else
basically went as planned.  I'm back on the DPT SmartRAID V
controller for both disk devices (the RAID-5 volume and the boot
disk), and it hasn't crashed yet.

	I'd just like to thank Mike for helping to get this in early, so
that it just barely made the cutoff window for 4.1.1-RELEASE.

	Now, I get to go play with the SmartRAID V controller under
FreeBSD for a change, do some benchmarking, and see how fast this
thing is compared to the old SmartRAID IV (on almost identical
hardware), and how vinum through the DPT controller fares against the
DPT controller itself.

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium