Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:01:18 -0600
From:      Colin Faber <cfaber@ruckusmail.com>
To:        "Mark A-J. Raught" <mraught@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broadcom bcmwl5 NDIS driver and Dell D610

Hi Mark,

After messing around with it for a while I found a driver which did
work. I was able to successfully get ndis0 to appear and after hitting
the Fn+F2 button and starting ndis_events I could see some access points.

The problem I'm having now is that when I do connect to an access point
(with wpa_supplicant -D ndis -i ndis0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf) DHCP
doesn't appear to work right. What I'm seeing is that the DHCP requests
issued by the AP it self are ignored, however if I allow DHCP requests
through the AP from say my cable modem, those are accepted and collected.

This problem does not exist if I establish a link to the AP with my ural
USB card.

Also, a quick note on the Fn+F2 thing. Though the LED which indicates
wireless card broadcast status does not turn on and stays off, It does
seem to switch the mode from off to on.

-cf