Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:48:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc:        David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libkse & jdk14: signals(?) breakage

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> hi,

> > > Cool!  It really helped.  At least visible behaviour is same to libc_r.
> > >

> > Your test is appreciated. I have updated the patches again,
> > they have past signal test suites included in libpthread.
> > Can you test these new patches again ?
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/kse_sig/kern.diff
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/kse_sig/libpthread.tgz
>
> It just works.  Comparing to first signal patches it behaves even
> better.  I did not see any random process lockups.  Build & all TCK's
> VM tests passed.

Wow, that's great news.  Do you have an SMP system to try the
TCK tests on?  Libpthread will automatically create as many
KSEs as you have CPUs.

Do you have any performance benchmarks so we can compare
against libc_r (or even libthr)?

BTW, thanks for taking the time to run these tests :-)

--
Dan Eischen