Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:59:15 -0400
From:      John Szumowski <harpo@javanet.com>
To:        phillip@rmit.edu.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble with tcp-wrappers' logging

[cc'd to freebsd-questions]

Phillip Musumeci wrote:

> One other thing --- have you got your tcp control files in /usr/local/etc
> (and not /etc)?
>
> Enclosed: a sample of my /usr/local/etc/hosts.deny.    phillip
>
> # local hero, known probing hosts/spam sources
> ALL: ra.cse.rmit.edu.au, \
> .ispam.net, \
> .visions.com, \
> user4180.theonramp.net
Since I'm only offering telnet (at the moment), I don't have a
"host.allow|deny" in either directory.
I've also tried grabbing all tcpd messages, rather than just auth.info
in /var/log/tcplog: (the last two lines in the file)
---
!tcpd
*.*			/var/log/tcplog
--
However, I see the following at boot time:
syslogd: unknown priority name ""

Thanks.