Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:45:40 GMT
From:      Arne Woerner <woerner@mediabase-gmbh.de>
To:        dot@dotat.at
Cc:        fanf@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/43739: cannot open file without obvious reason

> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 05:07:42PM +0000, Arne Woerner wrote:
> >
> > I think somebody who is able to find kernel bugs quickly
> > should analyse this problem insteadof fantazising... :)
>
> Well, based on the contents of the problem report I thought this was a
> FAQ. The synopsis of the problem you gave was "cannot open file without
> obvious reason", but you didn't explain why the error message "too many
> open files in system" wasn't adequate. Some useful information would be
> output from ps and fstat when the problem occurs, or is about to occur.

What??? I gave you the script to reproduce and I told you that there
was nothing interesting in the ps output! And fstat does not say anything
interesting consequently.

Of course nobody could find the cause easily based on my information.
He had to reproduce it and to debug this *** kernel.

Stopp insulting me!

-Arne