Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 21:30:07 -0500 (PDT)
From:      appleseed@hushmail.com
To:        security@freebsd.org
Cc:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au
Subject:   Re: Hiding Versions (personal)

--Hushpart_boundary_NLvQRvVhmWWOfqyddgJflfANAXCMkgYG

	I would just like to make a comment
of a personal nature regarding the recent postings
I have sent to this mailing list.
	The intentions behind these postings
were never to show any irreverence towards
Mr. Reed whose firewall project I highly respect
and admire. However, it was to prove that OS
detection is a serious and imperative issue in
any manifestation. Despite the connotation
embedded in a message of this nature I am not
and will not be apologetic for being tough on
issues of importance to myself, and, which I believe
should be of importance to the security community
conglomerate. Intelligence gathering comes in many
forms and it is my hope and my true intention to provide
the general community with the knowledge it needs to
progress in a world where security is no longer a
luxury, but, a dire necessity. Finally, I hope
developers and engineers like Mr. Reed are devoted to
this goal working together to continue a tradition
where the creation of powerful and stable solutions
for our security issues is primary.
Thank you,
Northern_

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com
--Hushpart_boundary_NLvQRvVhmWWOfqyddgJflfANAXCMkgYG--