Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:35:51 -0500
From:      Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        "Tommie \"TJ\" Fitzgerald, Jr." <mercury12@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: looking for computer exp.

Windows XP has some of the easiest workgroup networking I've ever
used.  Windows 98 sounds like the most ornery thorn to configure in that bunch.

You'll probably want to use TCP/IP as your "standard" protocol, especially
if you start dealing with UNIX systems and the Internet.  But the Linksys
switches that I've used seem to have problems with file/printer sharing via
TCP/IP.  For this reason, I make it a practice to install TCP/IP and at
least NetBEUI or IPX/SPX.  (I think in Windows XP NetBEUI has been taken
out and replaced with NetBIOS.)  Either way, you may find that having your
Windows workgroup communicate via NetBIOS with TCP/IP available to other
apps that need it helps you.

Good luck,
Chip Morton