Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:42:41 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/1866: popclient flushes remote mailbox even with local failure

According to Gary Palmer:
>  I think there is another bug with popclient and handling largish
>  (well, more than 10 or so messages) mailboxes. It came back with `bad
>  file descriptor' after 7 or so messages in recent testing locally
>  (against the qpopper in ports). I haven't had time to get into it with
>  gdb and find the problem yet.

Please have a look at fetchmail, this is the successor of popclient that
Eric Raymond has taken over. I've seen a PR for a new port for it. It is
possible that this bug is fixed in fetchmail.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #25: Tue Oct 15 21:13:57 MET DST 1996