Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:14:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        RHS Linux User <fquestions@neva.niimm.spb.su>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CHECKSUM.MD5 files aren't correct in 2.2.5

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, RHS Linux User wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have downloaded 2.2.5-RELEASE and packages.
> I was going to use md5 checksum files to check consistency.
> (i used several mirrors to download different pieces)
> But some of CHECKSUM.MD5 files are not correct.
>
> src/CHECKSUM.MD5 reference the ssecure.* and sebones.*
>   but they are in the des/

Odd, they should be in src/; ssecure and sebones are the secure and ebones
source archives, not the compiled distribution archives.

> packages-2.2.5/CHECKSUM.MD5 is not up to date either
>    At least it does not reference latest update of lynx
>   (lynx-2.7.1ac-0.84.tgz)

Lynx changes daily, so it probably didn't get synced.

> Is it possible to get updated md5 sums?

run `md5' against them and change appropriately.  The md5 sums are there
for your reference only and aren't used by anything. (I don't think...)