Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:27:56 -0400
From:      Branson Matheson <Branson.Matheson@FergInc.com>
To:        mike@seidata.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mirrored Servers

On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 05:15:03PM -0400,mike@seidata.com did mutter:
> I'm wanting to come up with an effective way to 'mirror' drives across
> servers.  The solution we should use, IMO, is RAID, but that's been
> shot down...  so we're attempting to come up with an 'alternative'.

 Check out the Omniserv by TD systems. It is a relatively cheap scsi
 switch. that would allow you to do not only raid .. but also allow
 access to the same set of disks from mutiple hosts for just such an
 emergency. I am using it very successfully here with my HP's to share
 tape and cd drives about.

 http://www.tdsys.com

  - branson