Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 15:23:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        chem@i-p-d.com
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: subdomain mail for a vitual user

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998 chem@i-p-d.com wrote:
> I got a little bit further now, now I have added a separate db.file
> for vitesse.groep.nl and added a line to my named.boot for
> vitesse.groep.nl.
> I can send mail to info@vitesse.groep.nl now and in comes to the
> right user, vitesse. Downloading it with a POP3-client is also ok. I

All right!

> don't know if it is the right thing to do, since I still have one
> problem: if I send mail from a normal mail-client like netscape-mail
> or pegasus and I set it to be "reply to" and
> "from" info@vitesse.groep.nl, it arrives as being info@groep.nl.

Using a separate zone instead of changing a CNAME to an A is a
bit extreme but certainly not wrong. :)

Make sure that you *do not* have masquerading turned on in sendmail.cf
(DMgroep.nl in /etc/sendmail.cf, MASQUERADE_AS(groep.nl) in the mc)

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com