Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:42:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Listen guys, this is a tempest in a tea-cup, we are not loosing any
> functionality here, we are gaining functionality.

Poul-Henning, what I'm seeing here is a LOT of voices raised against this
idea, both from key developers and other citizens of -current. Regardless
of whether or not you think you're right and what reasons you have for
thinking so, what this is saying is that there a lot of people who do not
want this, and you would do well to listen to them.

No-one (as far as I can see) is objecting to making ata the default (which
it already is), and to kill wd in some number of weeks. Why can't you just
do that, and put and end to this discussion happily? Will a few weeks
really harm the development process?

Kris