Date:      Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:41:12 +0300
From:      Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-emulation Digest, Vol 119, Issue 6

On 30 July 2005 15:00, freebsd-emulation-request@freebsd.org wrote:

> Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:18:11 +0200
> From: "jean-marc DETREZ" <jm.detrez@cegetel.net>
> Subject: wine on FreeBSD
=2E..
> =A0With the differents mails i receive from users or wine's developers, i
> think that:
=2E..
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I do that only when creating System heap because =
requesting
> mmap for 0x800000 start address (without MAP_FIXED) always fail and preve=
nt
> wine running on FreeBSD.

I think you should know that failing call of mmap to 0x800000 doesn't actua=
lly=20
stop wine from working on freebsd-4 or dragonflybsd. Wine complains but=20
works, it even is (was) able to load Notes :). Unfortunately, I didn't make=
=20
an archive of that wine version, but I happen to remember I had it built on=
=20
Jun 21.