Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 03:17:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Eric Hinson <heric@aug.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS ncr scsi controller question

Hi,

I set up a drive with FreeBSD on an Adaptec 1542cf (on another system) and
would like to put the drive in a system with the NCR PCI-SC200.  I have
done this before successfully with no difficulty.

However, when I tried it with this new system, it works fine with
an Adaptec 1542cf (even with 32 megs of ram), but gives me a
'missing operating system' message when I try to boot the same drive
with the NCR based controller.

I encountered this same error with the adaptec before I turned off
the > 1gig translation option in the Adaptec 1542cf BIOS.  After that, it
came up without incident.

I have moved drives from the Adaptec 1542cf based systems to the NCR PCI
based systems in the past without problems.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Eric