Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:05:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stephen D. Kingrea" <reytech@sover.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   solved : Re: newbie questions about pppoe and netgraph

2 problems

1 > cable modem needed 10baset connection. changed rc.conf=
ifconfig_dc0="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx mask 255.255.255.0 media 10baseT/UTP"
fixed that problem

2 > didn't need pppoe after all! after changing media, was able to ping
external router

btw, this is charter pipeline (vermont) service (768) using 3com 3cr29223
home connect external usb/ether (NOT adsl dual connect). tech support was
friendly but basically clueless ("i don't know anything about
free-bee-ess-dee" "ppp over ethernet? what's that?").

anyway, thanks for all of your help....i learned more about pppoe than i
ever wanted. all you guys are terrific!

stephen