Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:20:39 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: users mounting filesystems

> Although I've never used it, amd would appear to be a good answer as it all
> happens transparently from the user point of view (is this not a good
> option for you for some reason?).  If its just in terms of mounting

I haven't tried amd yet, but if it does what I want, great !
What I was just wondering about originally was if there was an
equivalent to the Linux "user" option in fstab (after having looked at
the man page and not finding any on FreeBSD)

> floppies you can just use mtools and nobody has to mount a thing :)

True, but then again as you say, mtools is just for DOS floppies
and won't work for data CDROM's etc..and I prefer a traditional
UNIX mount myself :)

I'll take a look at amd first and see..

Regards,
- Cillian