Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 1998 17:18:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@smarter.than.nu>
Cc:        "Erik H. Bakke" <erikhb@bgnett.no>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lpt0: Device not configured

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Brian W. Buchanan wrote:
[...]
> > Are you using the PPBus driver?
> > I got this similar error when I was setting up my printer last time I
> > installed FreeBSD.
> > When I excluded the PPBus driver from the kernel config, I got the port
> > back.

sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
sio1: type 16550A
ppc0 at 0x378 irq 7 on isa
ppc0: W83877F chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
nlpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
nlpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <generic parallel i/o> on ppbus 0

Check LINT, but with PPBus you're not supposed to use the old lpt driver.
Use nlpt instead.

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |