Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:42:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chuck Rouillard <chuckr@opus.sandiegoca.ncr.com>
To:        Daniel Kelley <dkelley@otec.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rebuilding just usr.sbin

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Daniel Kelley wrote:

> > and not -STABLE. That said, why not just grab the binaries
> > and install those?
>
> i think i'm running into the limits of my freebsd knowledge here:  is
> there an easy way to grab a binary of everything in usr.sbin?

From your favorite FreeBSD mirror site, ftp download all
the files from `./bin' to some convenient location on you
local drive.

  # mkdir /usr/altroot
  # setenv DESTDIR /usr/altroot
     (or for bourne'ish shells)
  # DESTDIR=/usr/altroot ; export DESTDIR
  # ./install.sh

The shell reports the target directory before prompting you
to continue. Ensure it's correct, then accept it. You'll find
your `/usr/sbin/* files in `/usr/altroot/usr/sbin'

.cr