Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:04:19 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        trhodes@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: disk Handbook chapter, backups, and MINI kernel

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 03:08:48 +0400 (MSD)
Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> in process of trhodes' 4.X handbook cleanup I found the following:
>
> MINI kernel config in disks chapter is seriously out of date. I'd tried to
> bring it up to date (attached), but even after this kernel is about 2.4 M in
> size, hence useless for floppy boot. Disabling SCSI and enabling ata/atadisk
> does not help much - 2.1M

Ooops!  Almost forgot, this rehashes a discussion from perhaps
two years ago.  The original members of the discussion, IIRC,
was ceri, keramida, murray, and myself.  My facts and memory
is a bit distorted, but a search on the mailing lists should
help.  No agreement was reached.

--
Tom Rhodes