Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:30:13 +0100
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another possible solution for non-sendmail users

Le 2002-03-28, Gregory Neil Shapiro écrivait :

> Opinions?

Hum. If we make the assumption that non-Sendmail-users use some
other MTA installed through a port or locally, then I guess that
MTA should be expected to be started from a /usr/local/etc/rc.d script,
so maybe the new variable mta_startup_script is overkill.

On the other hand, the principle of NO_SENDMAIL in mail.conf
implying no rc.sendmail installed and therefore no Sendmail
daemon started looks attractive.

One thing or the other, it would be nice to have that coordinated
with the maintainers of the various MTA ports:

qmail:MAINTAINER=       lioux@FreeBSD.org
zmailer:MAINTAINER=     veers@disturbed.net
exim:MAINTAINER=        sheldonh@FreeBSD.org
postfix:MAINTAINER=     khera@kciLink.com