Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 1998 10:34:29 -0800
From:      Deepwell Internet <freebsd@deepwell.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Consolidate or isolate?

We run FreeBSD almost exclusively here and we have divided into two camps
of thought.  We're running all the standard services that every other ISP
runs;  DNS, SMTP/pop3, webserver, SSL webserver, shell server, radius and
probably a few others that aren't popping into my head.

Basically, we are divided here.  Some people think that we should maintain
a machine for DNS, a separate Radius server, a separate mail server...yadda
yadda yadda.  The other group says we should consolidate and throw
DNS/Radius on one machine and work towards consolidating everything towards
a few core machines.  Obviously we'd have to watch the loads and not throw
our large mail server and a large webserver together. And allowing shell
accounts on the primary webserver or radius server seems a little risky.

Can you all give me your input.