Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 1995 19:08:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.w8hd.org>
To:        Lars Koeller <uphya001@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
Cc:        yergeau@gloworm.Stanford.EDU, freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: netscape on 1.1.5?

On Tue, 28 Feb 1995, Lars Koeller wrote:

> > I heard it on good authority that you've licked the problem of
> > voluminous complaints about undefined keysyms in Netscape. How?
> >

> I didn't keep a copy (Jordan: that's why I haven't gotten back to you
> yet...).  The main sticking point is the definition of these variables:
>
> 	setenv XNLSPATH /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls
> 	setenv XKEYSYMDB /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB

There is mention of not needing this if using XFree863.x

I'm using FreeBSD 2.0R and XFree86 3.11 and there does not appear to be
nls included in the 3.11 dist.

Is [was] the attached applicable to this and if not, what about nls?

Adding just the def for XKEYSYMDB results in suppression of the keysym
complaints but then when the 'outline' of the Netscape window appears,
and you position it somewhere on the screen and click the mouse it,
it places a copy of the window in the screen. A window outline is still
attached to the pointer and each time the mouse is clicked it places
another copy of the Netscape window at that pointer position etc.

Looks like if you define XKEYSYMDB you must have nls.

kim

--
kimc@w8hd.org