Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:32:00 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE headers ???

David Daugherty said on Jul 30, 2000 at 12:46:57:
> Running the configure script for kphpdevelop I came up with this:
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no kde headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!

I suppose you're compiling it by hand since I couldn't find it in
the ports.  If you installed kde from the ports, check what the
prefix should be by reading the file
/var/db/pkg/kdelibs-1.1.2.1/+CONTENTS
(or whatever your version of kdelibs is) and looking for a
line beginning @cwd near the top.  Use that as your prefix
in compiling kphpdevelop.

> I've had problems with KDE since the initial install (font library,
> toolbar bitmaps, etc) is there something I did not install from the ports
> which is required? What would be the best way to reinstall KDE from
> scratch if that is what is needed?

pkg_delete whatever you have already, then
cd /usr/ports/x11/kde11
make install clean

Rahul.