Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:44:02 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's Lumiere 0.4 ports..

>Have a look at the devel/portlint tool.  You should make it a habit for
>passing your ports through this to ensure there aren't any nits of
>outright problems.
>
><snip>
>
>You can certainly pass that info to the developer.  If I get a chance, I
>may track down where the exact problem lies.  For now, the crash happens
>in lum-window.c when lum-window.gob line 137 is referenced.
>
><snip>
>
>gdb is usually the tool for crashes.  Just add -g to CFLAGS, and set
>STRIP= (set it to nothing), then build and install the port.  Then run
>it under gdb.  When it crashes, you get a backtrace, and you can poke
>through the stack frames printing out memory addresses and the like
>until you find the problem.  However, in the GNOME/GTK world, it can be
>a little more tricky due to all the indirection.

Thanks again! Umm, does RUN_DEPENDS (MPlayer) really work with you on this
Lumiere port? It doesn't work (I tried your and my Makefile), which I keep
get error following:

===============================
checking for mplayer... no
configure: error: Unable to find mplayer in the PATH. Provide the full path
to mplayer(--with-mplayer=PATH). You need mplayer to use lumiere. find it on
http://www.mplayerhq.hu
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to reigncracks@hotmail.com [maintainer] and
      attach the "/usr/ports/multimedia/lumiere/work/lumiere-0.4/config.log"
      including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
might
      be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
your
      system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/lumiere.

So, it should be in the BUILD_DEPENDS instead RUN_DEPENDS? If yes, then I
would put BUILD under the LIB, so MPlayer will pick up more options from
libxine's depends by automatic. Make sense?

Cheers,
Mezz