Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 2008 13:11:50 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How stable is FreeBSD WiFi support?

I have FreeBSD-70 machine and Linux Gentoo machines side by side (within
10 feet).
Gentoo Linux (with old AirLink101) connects to a particular encrypted
WEP network without any problems all the time.
FreeBSD (with ral0 device and native driver) connection is very
unstable, keeps disappearing, though network card shows signal level as
-90:-95.
dhclient fails to set up the card, often dhclient succeeds but all name
lookups fails. When internet connection is established all TCP
connections get dropped after 10-20 minutes or less.

I feel like I hit some bug in FreeBSD WiFi networking support.

Anyone has similar experience?
Yuri

FreeBSD xxx.xxx.xxx 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #0: Sat Sep 27
15:23:29 PDT 2008     yuri@xxx.xxx.xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386