Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 22:27:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jason Boerner <chaos@rivers.oscs.montana.edu>
To:        Ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Xpaint port...

Ok. First off...  Thank you to everyone who has helped this FreeBSD
newbee get off the gound!!!

I'm now starting to get my feet wet with codeing under this platform.

	I just tried to build the Xpaint port but I ran into a few problems.
After fixing a few syntax errors in the source code (How do I re-submit
these to the port so that it works for the next person?) I get too the
following stage:
	cc -o xpaint -O2 -L/usr/X11R6/lib main.o menu.o operation.o graphic.o
misc.o fileName.o fontSelect.o colorEdit.o pattern.o hash.o palette.o
fatBitsEdit.o dialog.o protocol.o size.o text.o cutCopyPaste.o image.o
imageComp.o color.o readRC.o iprocess.o help.o typeConvert.o grab.o
pencilOp.o boxOp.o lineOp.o circleOp.o brushOp.o fontOp.o arcOp.o polyOp.o
fillOp.o selectOp.o sprayOp.o blobOp.o Paint.o Colormap.o PaintRegion.o
PaintUndo.o PaintEvent.o rw/librw.a -lXpm -ltiff -lXaw -lXmu -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lXt -lX11 -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXExExt -lXext -lX11 -lm

ld: -lXpm: no match

*** Error code 1

	I assume that this problem has something to do with some type of
dynamic library that I am missing (Xpm and probably most of the others listed
above).  How do I go about obtaining it?  I do not see such a beast in the
source tree for xpaint.  I also suspect that this is why when I try to run
xpaint from a packages distribution I recieve the error message:

ld.so: xpaint: libXpm.so.3.4: Undefined error: 0

Am I correct?  How do I fix it?

Thank You