Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:00:05 +0200
From:      dslb@tiscali.dk
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2.1 can't find sound card

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 09:52 am, dslb@tiscali.dk wrote:
> Hmm, I read that you could download and install
> emu10kx-2004-04-14.tar.bz2 from http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/
> ? But you all recommend that he wait for the 5.3-release?

Ok, my friend really wants his card to work now, so we downloaded the abo=
ve
file from the site. Build a kernel with "device pcm" and "device midi" an=
unpacked the file and ran "make all" "make install". A file called snd_em=
u10kx.ko
has copied to /boot/kernel.
Next we rebooted and tried to load the module with "kldload snd_emu10kx"
but it says there is no such file, even though we can see it in /boot/ker=
nel

So now what?

br
db