Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2016 01:39:21 +0000
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   passenger 5.0.27 and NOPORTDOCS

Hi,

I'm going to update www/rubygem-passenger port to the latest version 5.0.27.
I've found that recent change default version of ruby to 2.2 affected the
www/rubyge-passenger port: build time has been increased from 5 to 20 mins.

I've asked the vendor about that issue and he's suggested to use rubygem
installation with --no-rdoc and --no-ri flags.  Then I've checked
bsd.ruby.mk, found the options covered by NOPORTDOCS knob (480-484 lines):

.if defined(NOPORTDOCS)
RUBYGEM_ARGS+=  --no-rdoc --no-ri
.else
RUBYGEM_ARGS+=  --rdoc --ri
.endif

So, I've tried to use it in www/rubygem-passenger/Makefile and got:

/!\ WARNING /!\
You are using the following deprecated options: NOPORTDOCS
If you added them on the command line, you should replace them by
WITH="" WITHOUT="DOCS"

If they are global options set in your make.conf, you should replace them with:
OPTIONS_UNSET=DOCS

If they are local to this port, you should use:
www_rubygem-passenger_UNSET=DOCS

What can I do in this case?
Thanks in advance.

--