Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:07:10 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do i log another device to syslog?

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:01:50AM -0800, Bsd Neophyte wrote:
> i finally was able to get configuration on my Cisco 806 to allow for a
> hole though my reflexive access lists.
>=20
> anwyays, that's not really important now.
>=20
> what i need to know is how i enable syslog to log messages from my
> sonicwall security appliance?
>=20
> the sonicawall is set to communicate with a syslog server.  i've told it
> to contact the FreeBSD box, but i don't know how to enable to FreeBSD box
> to record the requests.
>=20
> can anyone help me out?

syslogd_flags=3D"-a 1.2.3.4/32" in /etc/rc.conf should work according to
the manpage.

Maybe even syslogd_flags=3D"" is enough, but by default syslogd_flags
is "-s" which doesn't allow peer logging.

See /etc/defaults/rc.conf and man syslogd.

HTH,

--Stijn

--=20
What would this sentence be like if it weren't self-referential?

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc--