Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 07:08:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us (Alex Belits)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, rivers@dignus.com, mike@smith.net.au, capriotti0@hotmail.com, capriotti@geocities.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, joe.shevland@horizonti.com
Subject:   Re: WebAdmin

> [atomic transaction over LDAP skipped]
>
>   Yes, but why? My proposal to use HTTP is based in part on the ease of
> transactions handling over it. HTTP doesn't necessarily mean HTML and
> interactivity, it can, say, use URL-encoded list of key-value
> pairs symmetrically (both from server and to server as opposed to HTML
> form from server and URL-encoded form upload to server) and provide HTML
> only if the user is working in a browser. That will allow more
> flexibility, easier configuration replication, etc.

I think that the atomicity of the transaction for HTML is an implementation
detal; a detail best served by defineing how a transaction is to take place.

That the HTML post is a "transaction" is seperate from "what to do when
an HTML post is seen and you are an HTML server".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.