Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 00:59:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        hm@kts.org
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cheap ISDN card (available in Germany)

> FYI,
>
> Conrad (large electronics shop in Germany) sells currently ISDN cards
> "Teleint ISDN Speed No. 1" for 50,- DM. This card has an ISAC on board,
> but instead of a HSCX they use a HFC for B-channel access. More, the
> HFC is obviously able to use an external RAM for frame storage, so this
> card has 32KB RAM on board.
>
> HFC based cards are currently unsupported by isdn4bsd.

This explains the problems I've had with the Teles 16.3 PnP.
It is a Teles 16.3c1 with this HFC chip on it. So, it is not
a PnP failure--I was trying to use an unsupported card with i4b.

The Teles 16.3c1 uses an HFC-S chip, which seems to provide the
functionality of both the ISAC and the HSCX chip.
Anyone working on this one already? Does isdn4linux support this
Teles 16.3c1?

Thanks
Wolfgang