Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 1998 07:58:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Penisoara Adrian <ady@warpnet.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Serial Multiport solution ?

Ady,

I have a Cyclades 8Yo ISA card on a FreeBSD 2.2.1 machine with 8 modems on it.
I had a little trouble getting it config-ed, but after 5 minutes with tech
support at Cyclades, had the problem resolved.  The memory address it has set
as default conflicted with one of the other devices on FreeBSD.  (Don't
remember which one.)  Watch for that and you should be fine.

If I had to do it again, I'd go for the expandable PCI.  Cheaper in the long
run.

One other note:
Unless they have changed the board, the DIP switches are very easy to access.
Too easy in my case.  As I was inserting a new ethernet card, I bumped all the
DIP switches for the IRQ setting from off to on.  Cause me great headaches
before I notice it!

Patrick

P.S.  Make sure you check their specials.  I got ours for 50% as a first time
buyer.