Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:53:49 -0400
From:      "Nathan Vidican" <nathan@vidican.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OT: wireless antenae hardware...

I know there are several 802.11 wireless adapters which work with FreeBSD,
I've had a little experience with some of them. What I have no experience
whatsoever with is the antenae arrays, and I was hoping maybe someone out
here might have some advise or ideas, or product suggestions, (also need
someone who can sell me this stuff :).

I need to connect two locations together, approximately 1000meters or so
apart with a clear line of sight from rooftop to rooftop. On one location it
would be prefered to use an omni-directional device, with a point-to-point
device on the other end aimed directly at it. What I am trying to do is
connect our office to our local ISP's, (which happens to be directly accross
the highway from our building). I have made arrangements with the ISP, and
assuming the cost of hardware isn't too great, we're looking at using
wireless as an alternative to DSL. (Currently we cannot get DSL where we are
at).

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, comments, concerns, or places where I
can purchase this stuff as inexpensively as possible... please let me know.

Nathan Vidican
Nathan@Vidican.com
http://Nathan.Vidican.com/