Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:02:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rich Fox <rich@f2sys.net>
To:        "Justin C. Walker" <justin@apple.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quicktime Streaming and IP Aliasing

Hi,

We are using IP masquerading as opposed to NAT. Yes, I thought that the
streaming should've worked since we can get streaming Realmedia, but for
some reason, I am thinking, (and this is beyond my knowledge base), that I
read that the implementation of true
RTP/RTSP and an IP aliasing system are inherently incompatible (I figured
that RealNetworks did their own thing). Whether
that's correct or not, if we try to connect to a quicktime stream, the
player will always appear to time out (it returns an error code, for which
we have no lists of explanations.) However, when we dial in directly to
the ISP with the client machine, that is, without any gateway box, it
works fine.

I will check out the references here and see if I can come up with an
answer.

Thanks for the reply.
Rich.