Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:28:43 -0000
From:      "Richard Morte" <richard@sparky.uk.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DHCP [ WAS: Problem Adding 2nd NIC]

OK everyone,

Resolved the problem with the NIC - just wasn't compatible, so I swapped it
for a spare FA310 and all is well - I now have pn0 and pn1. The FA311 has
now gone into a windows machine!

Now I have a new problem: I've added the line:
    ifconfig_pn1="DHCP"
into rc.conf

On reboot I get the message:
    ifconfig: DHCP: Bad value
and, of course, no IP address is set for the NIC.

However if I run :
    dhclient pn1
from the command prompt, I am provided with an IP address by the remote host
and I can ping the world. I'm running 3.2 - any idea what should be put in
rc.conf to start DHCP client at each re-boot?

ciao,
Ric

Richard Morte
e-mail : richard@sparky.uk.net <mailto:richard@sparky.uk.net>