Date:      Wed, 06 May 2015 22:26:09 -0700
From:      Justin Hibbits <chmeeedalf@gmail.com>
To:        Kalyx <kalyx@openmailbox.org>, freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD desktop

On 05/06/15 17:26, Kalyx wrote:
> Is there an up-to-date guide somewhere that details how to get a working FreeBSD desktop on a PowerMac G5?

I don't know of any guide specific to the PowerMac G5, but setting it up
is pretty similar to any other FreeBSD setup.  Some desktop environments
(KDE) won't even compile for powerpc, but I've had good luck building
xfce4 as a desktop.  Unfortunately, there currently are no packages, so
you have to build it all yourself.

Hope this helps.

- Justin