Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:45:37 -0500
From:      "Joe Joplin" <joejop@triad.rr.com>
To:        "'Ken Wills'" <kenwills@tds.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ABS on FreeBSD.

Sorry for the lack of detail earlier.  ABS is short for American Business
Systems.  They produce a character based accounting software that runs on
UNIX and Linux machines.  Users interact with the system from a
dumb-terminal connected to the Unix computer by a serial line or ethernet.
I primarily see it being run on SCO UNIX in my area.  The latest version of
ABS is 7.0 under the charater based software.

I want to install a new FreeBSD server and transfer the program from a SCO
box onto the FreeBSD box.  I have little experience running a terminal
program from a UNIX box.  So if anybody has any generic info on this that
would be helpful.

Thanks Ken for the suggestion

+++ Joe Joplin [12/11/02 22:10 -0500]:
> Has anyone ran ABS on a FreeBSD server?  If you have what version, and did
> it take any special configuration?
>
> TIA
>
> Joe

Joe,

You'll get more responses if you include a little more detail (like what ABS
is, where you
get it, and what it does.)

Ken