Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:47:35 +0100
From:      "Dampure, Pierre Y." <pierre.dampure@alveley.org>
To:        Bernd Luevelsmeyer <bernd.luevelsmeyer@heitec.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with nlist on -current?

Bernd Luevelsmeyer wrote:

> Dampure, Pierre Y. wrote:
> >
> > I installed 5.0-20000621-CURRENT on a new system (OR840, 2x733EB, 512MB
> > RDRAM) and had problems with top / systat / vmstat all failing after
> > reporting problems with nlist:
> [...]
>
> At a guess, you don't use /boot/loader?
> The loader seems to be no longer optional, see
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=17422
>
> This problem has been discussed several times in the "questions" mailing
> list, and R. Ermilov kindly mailed 2 patches:
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1186602+1196206+/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-questions/20000409.freebsd-questions
>
> (While I'm at it, may I suggest that the patches be committed? I'm using
> them for more than a month now on 4.0-Stable, and they work just fine.)

My system has 4 SCSI disks, W2K on disk 0, FreeBSD on 1, 2 and 3
(FreeBSD Multiboot installed on disk 0; disks 1, 2 and 3 all in
dedicated mode). At boot time, boo2 throws out a 'No /boot/loader'
messages, then proceeds to load the kernel normally.

So... I guess indeed I do not use /boot/loader, though not of my own
will.

Thanks for the pointers!

PYD