Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:35:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Another possible solution for non-sendmail users

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:

> Given that non-sendmail users will be inconvenienced when upgrading due to
> the 8.12 changes (need to change sendmail_enable from "NO" to "NONE"), I
> thought it might be better to give them something back for their trouble.
>
> As an alternative to sendmail_enable=NONE, why not solve the boot time
> problem for non-sendmail users completely.

Hang on, what problem? I think you've already done this: if you use

	sendmail_enable = "YES"
	sendmail_flags = "whatever you normally use"

and configer /etc/mail/mailer.conf properly, then if your MTA was
written to teh sendmail CLI, you're out of the woods, surely?

printf 'cat\nhello world' | `sh -c 'read c; echo $c'`