Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 17:16:12 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   boot floppy banner

The boot block for 3.0-CURRENT and 2.2.5-RELEASE prints a screen-full
of message:

Usage: bios_drive:interface(unit,partition)kernel_name options
    bios_drive   0, 1, ...
    interface    fd, wd or sd
    unit         0, 1, ...
    partition    a, c, ...
[Blah, blah,...]

The text is read from /boot.help of the boot drive.  While it is good
to have this help message once the OS is installed, it may be of very
little help to a first-time user who is booting our boot floppy.
Maybe we should make /boot.help on the boot floppy less technical.
Something like:

     ---== Welcome to the 2.2.6 RELEASE version of FreeBSD! ==---
	  A Full 4.4 BSD Lite Based 32-bit Operating System

			      March 1998
			     FreeBSD Inc.

Well, it doesn't look very interesting ;-<

Just a thought...

Kazu