Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:10:53 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error: your port uses an old layout.

--q/d9vTEvvdeKbPNw

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 07:48:58PM +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
> 2 - Perhaps this will be answered by Q1, but:  Lately, the most common=20
> solution I've seen hadned out is rm -rf /usr/ports and cvsup again. Not=
=20
> only is that a huge waste of bandwidth, it's also a huge burdon on those=
=20
> with dial up connections.  Is there a more practical solution?

Yes.  A script to find and prune all the old stuff is more practical.
Only problem is, nobody's written one yet.  The suspects in particular
are all of the pkg/ and patches/ directories.

This is a quick hack script (and untested too, but I doubt it will harm):

find . -name pkg -type d -mindepth 3 -maxdepth 3 | xargs rm -rf
find . -name patches -type d -mindepth 3 -maxdepth 3 | xargs rm -rf
find . -name md5 -type f -mindepth 4 -maxdepth 4 | xargs rm -rf

In the toplevel of your ports tree (i.e. you cd /usr/ports before this..
I've made this a bit more flexible in case someone renamed their ports
directory to something else).  Only problem is this kind of thing
can take awhile...

--=20
wca

--q/d9vTEvvdeKbPNw