Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:28:42 -0400
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pthread_cond_signal question

Hello All,
	I hope that you can help me decifer the pthread and
pthread_cond_signal man pages.

-The pthread man page for pthread_cond_signal says:
int pthread_cond_signal(pthread_cond_t *cond)
		Unblock at least one of the threads blocked on the
		specified condition variable.

-And the pthread_cond_signal man page says:
DESCRIPTION
     The pthread_cond_signal() function unblocks one thread waiting
for the condition variable cond.

	All is fine if there is at least on thread waiting on the
condition variable.  However, if there are no threads waiting, then
the call does not unblock a thread -- this is the behavior that I want
but it differs from the man page.  Can I rely on this behavior or am I
missing something subtle?

	Thanks,
	--Mat