Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 2014 21:14:37 -0800
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bhyve remote kgdb does not support kernel modules...

Hi John-Mark,

>> Where those should be in the aesni.ko module...  If I run kgdb on a
>> local machine, it properly finds the kernel modules... Any hits on
>> how to fix this?

  To add to Julian's reply, there's also some info in the thread starting at

     http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?5363F399.40709

> Also, any plans to support the Z2 write-watchpoint packet?
>
> (kgdb) watch *(char *)0xfffff80002919708
> Hardware watchpoint 1: *(char *) 18446735277659625224
> (kgdb) c
> Continuing.
> Can't clear hardware watchpoints without the 'Z2' (write-watchpoint) packet

  You'd have to write some code to glue the MI gdb/gdb_main.c packet
handler to the routines in ddb/db_watch.c. (I'm sure this exists
somewhere out there - certainly did at my previous workplace).

  If you want to take that on, we can do the other piece which is to
context-switch the debug registers on guest entry/exit.

later,

Peter.