Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2011 20:58:23 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Limiting disk I/O by jail or uid?

Am 21.11.2011 um 19:32 schrieb Adam Vande More:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de> =
wrote:
> I have a process that tends to eat up all available disk bandwidth.  I =
have other processes that I would like to have preference over this one =
process.  Is there a facility that would allow me to assign priorities =
based on jail ID or uid?
>=20
> This is on 8-stable (but will upgrade to 9 soon) on ZFS.
>=20
> The straightforward solution is to separate the datasets onto their =
own disks, which I'm planning to do, but a software facility would be =
that much more flexible.
>=20
> =20
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Hierarchical_Resource_Limits

Interesting, but it doesn't seem to offer limiting the I/O bandwidth =
induced by a process or jail, or assigning different priorities, which =
would need to be implemented in the ZFS or GEOM schedulers, I suppose.

Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811