Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 1998 22:26:43 -0500
From:      dmaddox@scsn.net (Donald J. Maddox)
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vnode_pager: *** WARNING *** stale FS code in system

I'm still seeing the following in certain circumstances when
accessing msdosfs filesystems:

vnode_pager: *** WARNING *** stale FS code in system

I know a fix was committed for this, and it mostly seems to
work, but I have a program that can still invoke this warning
consistently on my -current-as-of-10PM-last-night system.  The
program in question is the 'demo' program in the gltt-1.7
distribution as included with the MoonLight Creator source.
I invoke the 'demo' program with:

>gltt-1.7> ./demo /dos/c/WINDOWS/FONTS/ARIAL.TTF

and I get the above message.  After that, the file system is
basically inaccessible.  For example, if I try:

>gltt-1.7> cat /dos/c/WINDOWS/FONTS/ARIAL.TTF

cat will hang hard (unkillable), and top shows it in the 'pgtblk'
state.  I have tried to trace through it with gdb, but for some
reason, the program just SIGSEGVs when trying to load the font
if under gdb control :-/

Again, this is on my -current system, world and kernel built from
sources cvsupped ~10PM EST last night.  If anyone is interested in
trying to reproduce this, the Moonlight Creator source can be found
at:
           http://www.cybersociety.com/moonlight/

I have not seen this behaviour under any other circumstances.